44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Groovy read...Review for Enslaved

Enslaved - Jaid Black

Enslaved is the third book in the Trek Mi Q’an series. The story centers around Kil and Marty.

The way this one starts off was really interesting it seems Marty was a feminist back in the 60’s and somehow she gets pulled into a time warp and come out in a female dominated planet called Wani. Kil has finally decided it was time to assert his royal claim on Wani and in the process comes face to face with Mari (formally known as Marty). Kil is a bit slow and thinks to make Mari part of his harem but that plan quickly backfires.

This story was a lot of fun and I liked the crazy chase between Mari and Kil . I really enjoyed all of the different societies or worlds it was interesting to compare that to the first book. What I did not care for was the sub-plot of the three teen girls (nieces actually) and their mates. Cam seems like a different guy and I am not sure I like him at all. Dari being sent away to live with her sacred mate seemed premature and silly, why would she have to live with his family for 11 years over such a small incident? Personally the sub-plot muddled the story line and instead of me looking forward to the next book I am kind of dreading it.