44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Review for Otherwise Engaged

Otherwise Engaged - Amanda Quick

Otherwise Engaged is the story of Amity a bit if a spinster who is making the most of life traveling and writing a book (lucky girl). As she is leaving a Caribbean island she sees a man who has been left for dead in an alley. Lucky for him Amity knows a bit about medicine and gets the man Benedict back to the ship where she saves his life. As they move from the islands to New York on the ship a relationship starts to take hold and Benedict promises to see her in London. When Amity arrives in London she finds herself in a scandal regarding her shipboard activities with Benedict the to add insult to injury she is attacked by a serial killer and barely escapes with her life. Several weeks go without any word from Benedict and once he finally shows up he is determined to save Amity.

The story sucked me in at the beginning and it kind of waned as the story went on but I liked connecting the dots. This was definitely more mystery romance than romance but it was sweet which is exactly what I wanted. Things I liked best was the conversations between Amity and Benedict, I also enjoyed the ironic plot twist with solar energy.

The challenges in this book is that the plots did not naturally come together if felt forced. Then the book lagged a bit in the middle. This is not her best work but it is not bad either.