44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Review of Snow Falling on Bluegrass

Snow Falling on Bluegrass - Molly Harper

Snow Falling on Bluegrass is the third book in Molly Harper's Bluegrass series. It is time for the staff retreat and of course Kelsey and Sadie have everything under control but mother nature has a surprise in store and even the wonder twins could not be prepared for this.  A crazy snowstorm has blocked out power and closed down roads leaving the employees of the Kentucky Tourism Commission stranded at a buck lodge for a few weeks. Lucky for them the lodge has plenty of fire places and enough food to keep everyone fed. However being cooped up with your co-workers with no outside influence can be a bit much even for this crew. Kelsey in particular is having a hard time as she has finally broken up with Darryl but for some reason she has not told anyone and now Charlie (our awkward statistician from book one) maybe interested in her but it seems that Luke our savior from the lodge may also be interested. The biggest question her is Kelsey really ready to move on?

I have always enjoyed this series and I love it even more when Amanda Ronconi is narrating it. I am not always a fan of audio books but she is a favorite the way she brings Molly Harper's stories to life. Yet I digress I really enjoyed Kelsey from the first book My Bluegrass Baby and I missed her in the last book Rhythm and Bluegrass so I was really pleased to see her take center stage. It is nice to see her deal with why she stayed with looser Darryl for so long and the revenge at the end was funny thank you nerd boys.  It was also nice to see some of the couples from the prior books especially Sadie and Josh.

The downside to the book is that it felt a little inconsistent between Kelsey and Charlie. The two of them have been in love with each other for years and they have always been friends. I get Kelsey is confused and vulnerable but some of her reactions to Charlie seemed out of character. Not to mention it was a misunderstanding and I had a hard time believing it would go down that way. Still though it was a quick funny read.