44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Binding the Shadows - Jenn Bennett The book jumps you right into the story Lon and Cady are on a mission from Dare to uncover Merrimoth's secrets. Thing of course don't go right for one Merrimoth seems to have more knacks (or powers) than usual. Then Cady's bar gets robbed and both Cady and Lon are wondering if there is a problem or just a coincidence.

I felt like this story was probably the most emotional of them ell. Lon, Jupe and Cady are becoming a family and it is bitter sweet. I think this was actually the best part of the book. Cady needs to fess up about her past, she seems to be stepping up as a mom which was so cute! I also loved the insight that we get on Lon feelings and his desires. I also really like that Hijo, yeah he is a junkie but he is that tragic hero that you cannot seem to hate.

The mystery fell a little flat for me it never felt like it was resolved more like stumbling around and boom this is a conclusion. While that kind of sucked all other sub plots kept me interested so I did not find this to bothersome. Then at the end it is like wait what am I missing a chapter?? Turns out I was not so time for the year long wait ***sigh***

4 1/2 stars