44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Ashes of Honor (October Daye, #6) - Seanan McGuire It has been about a year since the events of [b:One Salt Sea|10783217|One Salt Sea (October Daye, #5)|Seanan McGuire|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1312045992s/10783217.jpg|14735184] and Toby has both grown up but also become a little emotionally unstable. It seems she has been taking unnecessary risks while blocking herself off from her friends/family. Etienne, one of Sylvester's knights has found out he has a changeling daughter and what is worse is that she is missing. Toby quickly finds out that Etienne's daughter, Chelsea, has a lot of power without any limits and she is ripping holes though Faerie.

This was a great story well worth the wait. It was great to return to the human world and it was also interesting to see deserted parts of Faerie which of course personally leads to more questions. I also enjoyed the look into Court of Cats and I really hope we get to see more of it. My favorite thing about this series is the characters and I love every single one of them. I am interested in seeing the changes in Toby and Tybalt's relationship...I will not say it felt like it was over due but it was time for that talk.

So what did I not like. The coffee thing was out of control, it felt like I could go just a few pages before "coffee" was mentioned on some regard. Another issue I had was the idea that Toby was reckless or suicidal I just did not see, it seems like out of all the books Toby is the least reckless here. While this was odd I can admit that as a plot device it works because it opens to door to Toby's feeling about her friends and vice versa. I just wish I could have brought into it more. Last but not least we have a few holes in the plot like why didn't Tybalt kill Samson early on or at all? Or there is all this talk of choice when in the end there is no choice??

Despite these issues the story is still incredible!