43 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Crystal Gardens - Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick Evangeline has left London for an extended break due to an attempt on her life. Her father believed a place called the crystal gardens is a vortex and has a lot of paranormal energy. Evangeline also desires to be a writer so she moves into a cottage near the gardens for inspiration. Life is not exciting for Evangeline she is not writing much and she is a little bored. Then one night an attacker breaks into her cottage and threatens her life. Evangeline runs to the gardens where she runs right into the mysterious Lucas. Lucas Sebastian owns the property where the Crystal Gardens is located and when he finds Evangeline in danger he helps her dispose of the attacker. Lucas has his hands full with trying to figure out who murdered hid uncle and keeping treasure hunters off his property yet his finds himself more than enamored with Evangeline.

I am new to Ms. Quick and this was a fun cute story. It is a basic story where the hero and heroine come together in to solve a mystery and fall in love. I like Evangeline a lot she is quite capable of handling her own but she is not afraid to get support. Lucas is a but more eccentric but he is an interesting hero. The thing about this story that made it different from many in this genre was how easy to read it was. The language is plain the plot is simple and straight forward and the pacing is just fast enough to keep you interested but not so fast you lost something. In other words she is a fantastic writer you just fall into the story.

The only bad thing about this story was it is difficult to figure out the time period.

4 1/2 stars