44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
The Ugly Duchess - Eloisa James I enjoy fantasy books but there are a few things that are just a turn off and this book is a classic example.

James and Theo have grown up together and are very close. Sadly Theo's dad is an idiot; he has lost all of his money as well as part of Theo's dowry and now he is in danger of going to prison. So James's dad wants James to marry Theo and pretend to be in love this way they can be saved from financial ruin. Meanwhile James who "cares" for Theo and is allegedly really good friends follows through with this deceptive marriage. Theo of course thinks James is really in love with her and when she finds out about the scam Theo asks James to leave and he goes.

So this is where I lost interest, I skimmed around a bit and noticed James becomes a pirate and takes a mistress and it appears that Theo is handling all of the financial problems from James's dad. Maybe this story gets better and maybe they find something in one another years later, I for one cannot take the ride personally I keep thinking with friends like these who need enemy's for me this is not the type of love story I am interested in so I quit.