44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
A Kingdom of Dreams - Judith McNaught Jennifer Merrick is doing penance in the abbey while her father figures out who he should marry her off to when she finds herself kidnapped by her clans mortal enemy, The Black Wolf, Royce Westmoreland. Jennifer immediately hatches plan after plan to escape in somewhere in the game of charades Royce finds both peace and honor in Jennifer's character while Jennifer find there is more to the Black Wolf then being ruthless.

This was a fantastic love story! The hero was truly a complex character, Royce is the alpha male, selfish, temperamental and well a bit of a bastard. It was rather shocking his willingness to take Jennifer's virginity with such little regard for the consequences yet he is also funny, loyal and loving. Jennifer is a bit more straight forward as a heroine, in short she is truly conflicted, for much of the story Jennifer is so focused on her clan's expectations that she does not see who she is or even her own worth. This is not to say she is a push over in fact she is quite proud childish and stubborn yet she is very kind-hearted. There are times in the story where I could have kissed them both and other times that I was to throttle both of them.

The book has everything necessary for a medieval romance...political intrigue, tournaments, kidnapping, etc. The plot keeps a steady pace and there are moments that are quite funny and others that are truly depressing. Yet is oddly balanced, decisions are made and/or mistakes are made and none of it is without an easy way out.