44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Juice Fasting and Detoxification: Use the Healing Power of Fresh Juice to Feel Young and Look Great - Steve Meyerowitz, Beth Robbins, Michael Parman I was in a natural health store about ten years ago trying to figure out why my attempts at fasting never worked and lucky for me I came across this book. Juice Fasting and Detoxification is my single favorite book about fasting/detoxification using fruit/vegetable juice. Meyerowitz takes you through the steps of what fasting is, how to begin, choices in juice/liquid fasting, what to expect during a fast and how to properly end a fast.
This book is very easy to read, I love the charts and the pictures. If you are familiar with fasting you can skip around (thank goodness for an index) to the parts that you need to refresh your memory or if you are new to fasting it is not difficult to read the book straight through and you will definitely be well informed by the end.
The other nice thing about this book is that he provides lots of alternatives. If you are looking for a book with just recipes for a fast this is not it, instead he tells you what different fruits and vegetables do for the body during a fast and gives a few suggested recipes. I also like that he does not force the idea of raw food diets or threatens the reader about disease and disaster.
As always if you are taking medication or have medical conditions I would hope that you would seek out the advice of an alternative health practitioner. For people who just want to feel better and maybe loose a few pounds in the process this is a great introduction to fasting with lots of options to customize your fast to your needs.