44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Twice Tempted - Jeaniene Frost I am not going to recap this book except to say this is the second book in the Night Prince series (after [b:Once Burned|7039218|Once Burned (Night Prince, #1)|Jeaniene Frost|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1335738276s/7039218.jpg|7288100].

This was a weird book on the one hand I liked it, but on the other it did not make as much sense and the ending sucked.

What I liked was all the action and Vlad. In case we did not know Vlad is a bit of a jerk and he is like the poster child for what happens to an abused kid. I think because this is expected I liked that he stayed within character and I liked how he handled situations even if he is high handed at times. What was weird was Leila, on the one hand she has a ton of demands but it takes awhile before she starts to think about how her actions affect situations or a situations appearance. She annoyed me because on the one hand she is all Vlad I accept you for who you are IF you love me well that is not quite acceptance you know. Then the one person who she is supposed to trust, Vlad, she doesn't at least not when it really matters. The other challenge is the plot while there is a lot of running around and people getting hurt the actual plot itself felt weak. Like a lot of loose ends that kind of go nowhere. Really the book is centered around Vlad and Leila figuring it out and in the end that worked.

3 1/2 stars