44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Thirteen (Women of the Otherworld, #13) - Kelley Armstrong This has got to be one of the most difficult books to summarize because it would mean spoiling some aspect of it. So I will say this over the last 12 books in the series we have seen the women of the Otherworld become leaders and lovers. In the past two books we have seen Savannah the one time brat as a full blown woman and now we watch her become a leader and lover. But in this story the entire super natural world is at stake and so we get to see all of the woman who made this series work together to protect their secret.

Honestly I liked the book I loved seeing all of the women back in action especially Cassandra and Eve who I have missed. Even Mary Sue Paige had her moments only I wish she was more in on the action and less on the side lines. Over the last two books we see Savannah grow into womanhood and I understand what Ms. Armstrong was trying to accomplish but at the end of the day it just did not work for me. Savannah is still a young lady with a lot to learn but it is good to see Savannah step back and start making better choices. The romance angle still has me thrown for a loop, I think this idea that Adam and Savannah have been friends off camera for years seems weird. It feels almost like the romance could have been left out and the story would not have changed. This one fact is what makes this off for this series. I cannot imagine a Paige without Lucas or Elena without Clay or even Eve without Kris? These relationships make these women stronger but Adam and Savannah meh it just did not work for me.

Moving on I loved the end and it feels honest. The multiple points of view were nice. The story also moves really fast and the plot was good. There are twists and turns and it was really good to see different ladies take the lead on different things. While I would have preferred Elena to be the narrator because is was she who kept me reading this series and it was where the story begins I understand and respect Ms. Armstrongs reason for using Savannah. Having said that it makes me really grateful for Elena/Clay short story at the end.