44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
The Water Witch (Fairwick Chronicles #2) - Carol Goodman, Juliet Dark The Water Witch is the second book in the Fairwick Chronicles.

Callie McFay is finally feeling at home in Fairwick she is enjoying her summer and attempting to make her house a home and finding some peace. However peace will not last for long as Callie is asked to send a group of the fae called Undines back to Fairy wWhere she comes face to face with Liam. Being Callie and poorly trained means that she makes some mistakes this time she pisses off Loreleigh, an older and very powerful Undine, who follows her out of Fairy. Making matters worse The Grove has decided they want to close the doors to fairy forever. Which will mean the end of Fairwick as Callie knows it. Callie believes she can stop the door to Fairy from closing forever but she needs to open her powers. To help her the witches of Fairwick have assigned her a mentor, but is the mentor friend of foe? And will Callie figure it out before it is to late.

This book moves much faster than the first one and at an even pace. I loved the writing and the visual imagery used in the book. I must admit in the last book Callie was often irritating and grated my nerves. In this book Callie is still having trouble figuring out her feelings for Liam as well as the two new men Duncan and Brian but this time around we get a little more back story into why she cannot quite get it together. I like that Callie knows she is a mess and is trying to figure out how not to be a liability.