44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Lord of the Black Isle - Elaine Coffman Elizabeth Douglass has been transported back in time with her twin sister to medieval Scotland. Elizabeth is unhappy , she was unhappy when it first happened, then she was kidnapped for like a year, then she finally falls in love only for her betrothed to be ordered to marry someone else on the day of their wedding. Finally Elizabeth figures she should do something worth her time and she used to be a doctor so it seems like a good profession to continue here. David is a laird who is very familiar with doom, honestly the man has had a crappy life. Elizabeth and David are attracted to each other at the start but it seems like they will never get it together.

This book really was not interesting to me. Honestly I really did not care what happened to them. What made it worse was the lack of direction we are given. For example I never know when they are having sex or messing around...there is another scene about a peacock being in the house and David is in a stupor but Elizabeth moves out the peacock and David's stupor is over. It kind of reads just like that I am never really sure of what is happening. Then the last book [b:The Return of Black Douglas|9939976|The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2)|Elaine Coffman|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347403422s/9939976.jpg|14833279] I swear the ghost had a different name than this one.

To sum this up, the book did not grab me. It was a chore to finish. I am not sure why the couple felt passionate about each other? I have no idea about what Elizabeth did for David, except he thinks she is hot. Also Elixabeth's language drove me crazy really every single procedure requires consent ...I mean ok in reality this is true but come on it is supposed to be a freaking romance novel. Then you would think she would try and alter her speech nope not really.

I guess it was not for me.