44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books »
Highlander Most Wanted - Maya Banks Bowen Montgomery goes to the McHugh keep with plan on taking over the McHugh clan one way or another. Even more shocking is he rides along side of the Armstrong’s who used to me an enemy of the Montgomery. In this the two clans (Montgomery and Armstrong Families) want to see justice done for the kidnapping of Eveline Montgomery (wife of Graeme Montgomery and daughter to Tavis Armstrong). When Bowen reaches the keep he is in for a surprise, the McHugh laird has abandoned his clan and taken anything of value with him. Even more shocking is the hooded woman who pleads for the safety of those who were left behind in the McHugh Clan.

Genevieve McInnis is a woman who believes she has lost everything. She has been held captive for over a year by the McHugh clan and the lairds son, Ian has made it known that Genevieve is his whore and abuses her as he sees fit. Now Genevieve feels shame at returning to her family who believes her dead. Then she meets Bowen but after so much abuse and a broken spirit she finds herself longing for what used to be. Bowen is stunned by her determination and quickly finds that he wants to help Genevieve repair her spirit and help her to fly even if it means she is lost to him.

My thoughts
I love a good love story and this is one! This one was a bit of a tear jerker for me and I always love it when a story can evoke such emotion

First thing this is the second book in the series and while I did not read the first I had no trouble keeping up.

The first thing that made this story fantastic is we always hear of the women is is almost raped or she is almost kidnapped. In this story Genevieve is abused plain and simple and honestly she acts like it. I liked how she wanted to be strong but inside she is falling apart and I like how she wanted to be indifferent but the words cut her to the bone. In case you cannot tell I liked Genevieve even when I thought she was being silly I liked her. The second thing that made this story great was how Bowen handled it, initially he is a jerk and I imagine a man in the middle ages would probably have similar reactions. What I also liked is that he continues to see past the surface to what is underneath and he is willing to make certain sacrifices for Genevieve after all love sometimes comes at a cost.

Overall I think the characters were nicely done and things felt realistic without feeling totally depressing. I think the plot was well paced and I did not feel like I have information overload. I also love it when authors give me just enough information for me to build my own picture about the setting and the characters. I was very engaged in this book and even though I needed to go to bed I just could not wait to see how it all worked out.

This is a great book and I think it totally deserves five stars. Now I just need to go back and read [b:Never Seduce a Scot|13360101|Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1)|Maya Banks|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1328116176s/13360101.jpg|18588471]

**Arc provided by NetGalley and Ballantine Books**