44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books »
The Seduction of Elliot McBride - Jennifer Ashley The Seduction of Elliot McBride is about Elliot McBride and Juliana. Elliot is Ainsley’s brother (wife of Cameron in [b:The Many Sins of Lord Cameron|8563824|The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures, #3)|Jennifer Ashley|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1300209650s/8563824.jpg|13432297]), the story opens with Juliana literally being left at the alter. While attempting to get herself together she runs into Elliot a childhood friend that she has not seen in fourteen years. It seems and the fates have collided because Juliana gets married the same day to Elliot, but Elliot is now harbored by demons in the past.

The book was fantastic! Elliot has survived ghastly forms of torture and psychological warfare including starvation and brain washing and he has to fight to stay current and keep up with today instead of being swept in the past. Meanwhile Juliana has to figure out how to love the man Elliot has become. One of the most interesting things about this story which may turn some off is there is no real conflict. Instead it is about building trust and finding acceptance. I like that they had to work at communication and they have to figure out how to love each other. I mean we do have a few side stories and we get to see the McKenzie brothers but this book is clearly focused on him. I must also say that I love the metaphor that they live in the house that is broken and as they repair the home they strengthen their bond to each other.