44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Unholy Ghosts - Stacia Kane Most people either love or do not care this book. Honestly I am not sure where I fit I guess somewhere in the middle.

I really liked the mystery portion and the world Ms Kane has created is really interesting. For some reason I mirror the church to the Catholic Church when they took over. I also really liked Trouble and Lex. I know a lot of people said their slang bothered them but I had no issue with it. I even liked Chess. My problem is I just do not get her character.

Why is she on drugs? Why does she live apart from the Church? How did she start using drugs? Why does she continuously push people away?

I think what did not work for me was the addiction. Addicts are desperate, manipulative liars and their drugs of choice is always first. Yes at times Chess would be ready to battle and then need to take a few pills or sniff a line but it felt flat to me I just saw her as a girl who liked drugs not someone who is addicted. Not to mention with all of the drugs she never seemed to be quite high where she was useless as most drugs addicts are nor does she seem to have problems functioning when she was not high. Plus the extra lines to prove she was a junkie was just annoying.

Having said that I will read the next book because I hope we will learn more about Chess and I hope to see more of Trouble :-)