44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Once Burned - Jeaniene Frost Once Burned is a spinoff series from the Night Huntress world, this book is about Leila and Vlad.

Leila is a human who was injured as a teenager, the injury has left her with both emotional and physical scars, it also left her with an unusual ability that allows her to see bits and pieces about people's lives. One random day she prevents a murder but in the process of doing so Leila leaves herself open for possession by people or vampires who want to use her for their own end. Which leads her to Vlad (aka Dracula)and those who want to attack him.

I loved the characters and I really liked Leila, she is smart and very funny. I think it was also interesting how she holds herself apart from everyone. Vlad on the other hand is arrogant and possessive, just what an old vampire should be. I enjoyed watching the two of them fight their feelings for each other and while they were able to find balance physically emotionally not so much.

This was a great book and I was totally surprised that this is a new series and not a standalone in the Night Huntress World. The characters, story itself and the pacing are well done. This one can also be read as a stand alone while there is mention of the Night Huntress it is minimal and you would have no problem following along.