44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
The Lion's Lady - Julie Garwood This one did not really work for me.

The story is Christina was raised by a Native American tribe in the North Dakota Black Hills after her mother escaped her father and died of a fever (?? I forget exactly). The tribe called her a lioness because of her bright blue eyes and white hair, she is also raised with the understanding that she will have to return to the White world someday and face what her mother could not. Flash forward a few years and Christine the Lioness comes face to face with Lyon and it is like predetermined destiny has brought them together. Lyon the Marquis of Lockwood, has no desire to marry after his first wife betrayed him so terribly. At the same time he is a retired government spy and wants to settle down. Together that have to overcome Christina's terrible aunt, her father and his family.

There is a lot of minor plots running through out the book and instead of drawing me in to the story it was distracting. For example Christina is unaccustomed to polite society yet sometimes she is charming and other times she is like an oaf blundering about. Then some of the story lines did not come to completion, for example we hear constantly that Christina has to go back and save her people yet she goes no where. The the climax of her father was just silly.

In the end this book was slow and muddy at times. Personally it did not work for me.