44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Enforcer - Lauren Dane Enforcer is the first book in the Cascadia Wolves Series. In short Nina used to be a street kid who was tasked to look after her brother Reyes. Unfortunately Reyes still manages to stay in trouble and Nina feels responsible. Reyes latest escaped has placed Nina front and center in to the Cascadia wolf pack where she meets her future mate Lex. Lex is second in command of the pack and is tasked with the responsibility of being an enforcer, for the most part the wolves see him as ruthless and they keep their distance. But for some reason he finds himself attracted to Nina and together they have to figure it out.

I liked the premise of the story and it has some good action as well as a decent plot. The challenge I had was with the characters, Lex never felt ruthless. I get the whole this is my mate so I place her needs above my own but there was a disconnect for me. I also did not care for the tri-bond I did not think it was sexy nor did it make sense. Also tidbits where thrown in like an after thought. For example Nina is a Latina which is awesome because we normally do not see women of color in the books and the author could have really weaved that into the plot which would have made her more enduring. Instead we get one line about 1/2 way into the book.

Despite my challenges I am curious about the world and will check out the next book.