44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Lair of the Lion - Christine Feehan Isabella is our headstrong young heroine who sets out to find Don DeMarco to beg his help and help her save her brother from the dungeons of the evil Don Rivellio where he has been sentenced to death. But there is a price Don DeMarco is a cursed man. Yet Isabella can only see the good in him. Then the romance ensues.

This is a romance story and it is all about two people falling in love...or trying to stay in love while they stay with each other. Here is the main issue I had with this story and that is that while there is all this spooky ominous stuff going on it really does not advance the plot. Then in every chapter it is Isabella senses something, she is attacked, she cries, she tries to force herself to believe in Don DeMarco, meanwhile Don DeMarco wants Isabella he thinks he does not deserve her and he is afraid he will kill her. This goes on for 400 pages.

I was really into the first half of the book it seemed like things were getting set up for something, but then it starts to sputter. The writing is good after all this is Christine Feehan but for me it was just not exciting and that ruined the rush.