44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Taming the Highlander - Terri Brisbin This is the typical highlander book. Jocelyn has plans to marry the man who has fostered with her family for years. But Jocelyn's brother has been placed in jail by "the Beast" and her father has agreed to let the Beast marry her in exchange for her brother, supplies and becoming part of the Beast's clan which is great for the clan not to great for Jocelyn. Two hours later Jocelyn is torn from everyone she has ever known and thrown into th arms of a man who does not want a wife but needs a child, sorry an heir, and is still in love with his first wife. The Beast or Connor really is not a beast of course he just has a reputation that he tries to uphold. But he is rather barbaric toward Jocelyn, like he does not speak to her and he pushes her or grabs her, after sex he runs back to his room. Jocelyn accepts this as her fate and she kind of looses herself. Through unexpected Connor and Jocelyn find their way toward each other.

Overall this is a good solid read. I rather enjoyed the secondary characters and parts of the story seemed realistic. Having said that there was no chemistry between the couple, or really between most of the characters it felt flat far to often.