44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Trance - Kelly Meding When I saw Kelly Meding had a new series about super heroes I was into it and could not wait to read it.

The story begins 15 years ago when Teresa "Trance" is running for her life and the Rangers, good guy super heroes, are loosing the battle to the bad guys, Banes. Then all at once everyone looses their powers. Then fifteen years later, all of the Rangers died that night... well except twelve kids. Trance is living a dead end existence, her life has been crap she has no money and works three jobs. The one night for no reason her powers return, actually everyone's power returns and the war begins again.

The good things about this book were the characters. I actually liked Trance she has had a hard life and is trying to make it better as are all the other Ranger kids. I also loved the concept come on superheroes beyond Batman what is not to like.

This is where the book begins to fall apart for me. The book is supposed to take place 100 years from now and I think the population is really low but that is all I know about it. The geek in me wants to know about technology and food and travel. Cars that run off of water, corn oil something.

The next thing that threw me is you have twelve people whose lives have been in turmoil since the day of the fight. They get a chirp on the vox and everyone comes running. They all want to fight and possibly die. There is no resistance or internal struggles, it is like yeah lets pick up where we left off so our lives can have value?? Really?? What happened to bitterness and the screw you?

Then we have these side love interest stories which was nice but really what was the attraction? The book takes place in a week you fall for a man you have not seen in 15 years and there is no passion, just we have issues but we love each other. It was also weird that no one had tried to seek the others out in the in between years.

While the plot and action moves swiftly there was something off for me and I kept fading out and not caring. This book took me almost three weeks because I kept picking up other things I thought were more interesting. In the end there were just a lot of bumps and the book ended up being ok.