44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Fair Game - Patricia Briggs This is the third book in the Alpha and Omega series. A few years has passed and Anna is more comfortable in her role as an Omega even going so far as to antagonize Bran. Things have changed for the werewolves now that they are out in the public eye and no one is feeling the pain more than Charles. Charles has a lot of misplaced guilt over having to put down so many wolves and he is afraid that the ghosts that haunt him will hurt Anna. Bran finally realizes his son needs to do something good so he sends Anna out as a FBI liaison and sends Charles to protect her.

The story beyond that is quite good and even though I was sleeping and want to go to bed I had to know what happened next. The thing I found surprising in the series is the lack of emotional progress between Charles and Anna. Having said that I think that may be a good thing because in this book Charles finally sees himself as someone more than Brans son. I liked that because he seemed to always stand in the shadow just being strong. I must also say that I liked this side of Bran and alpha who is open to the opinions of others yet he is still quite brutal. I also liked the new characters and I hope they will be around for future books.

Again this was a good one but I had some challenges. The first is that normally I cannot figure out who did it but in this case I knew early on. Second was while the plot had a good pace it felt like at times things got a little slow and we had some filler scenes that really did not do much but add to the page count. Also sometimes there was a bit to much over sharing of the wolf secrets. I was also hoping for more progress between Anna and Charles. Despite these challenges it was still a good solid book.

4 1/2 stars