44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Highland Hellcat - Mary Wine Connor Lindsay has made a deal to marry Deirdre Chattan as an alliance, but she is no longer pure and has been defiled by Lindsay's enemy which means he cannot marry her because people will not believe their children will be his. So Lindsay kidnaps another sister, Brina, in Deirdre's place but this one was planning to be the bride of Christ so needless to say it is not all smooth sailing.

Most of the book are about Brina adjusting to life with Conner and trying not to break the oath her father made for her. For the most part the banter was interesting and lively. I also found it interesting how innocent Brina was, as a future nun she was never allowed nice things, never praise and no touching. I think the author did a great job conveying how she craved these things but also was challenged by them. I liked Conner as well he was a true highlander all brawny and protective.

I would have preferred more scenes in his head though. Perhaps if I had read book one I would not have so many questions about him. It was also weird to me that really there was no conflict or strife other than Brina's honor on what or whom she made promises to.

Even still it was a solid read. I will definitly go back and try to find book oneTo Conquer a Highlander