44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books »
Darkness Dawns - Dianne Duvall Sarah is suffering from insomnia when she notices a group of men hurting another man who is badly hurt, Roland. Right away it is love at first, but before they can live happily ever after they have vampires to slay and a mystery to solve.

The story is cute. I liked Sarah she was a good heroine, somewhat feisty but not over bearing. Roland is reclusive and anti-social but Sarah is like his beacon of light (ahhh). The book is well written and the plot is evenly spaced. Even though the way they fell in love was not at all believable I still liked it. It was like bubble gum sweet down to the cat.

The thing that was odd was all the organic and healthy eating stuff. While I appreciate and practice just that it in real life it was weird for my vampire pnr book and it kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. The other thing that threw me about this book is it reminded me of the dark hunters. Seth is flashing in and out the immortal in charge of all the other immortals. Last but not least is while I liked the characters ultimately they are rather one dimensional, for example a man who has not trusted anyone in 900 years falls in love and trusts Sarah in less than 72 hours? Likewise we have a heroine is a 30 year old PhD professor in music who by page 5 you forget she even had a job let alone a career it never comes up again. Conveniently her family sucked so she cut herself off from them and she seems to have no friends, which to me was odd. At any rate I can suspend reality with the best of them but there are something’s that just feel off.

At any rate good start to a series 2.5 stars.