44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books »
Sins of the Demon - Diana Rowland Sins of the Demon is book four of the Kara Gilligan series. In this book Kara is learning to trust friends and solve a rather odd case of people who are dying but of natural causes. The problem is Kara has good reason to want them all dead, putting her front and center in suspicion.

The book is a bit slower than the last three I think, don’t get me wrong there is action and funny dialogue, it is just not as fast paced as the others. I really enjoyed Eihan, she is an incredibly funny bodyguard but she was also keeping Kara quite centered and helping Kara to work to her strengths. In the other books the mystery or investigation sometimes had something to do with the Arcane but this time it was directly related so that was an interesting twist. It is also interesting that Kara seems to be taking a look into herself, which is awesome for character development because we are getting a bit more of her backstory.

Some of the things that bothered me was I missed Lord Rhyzkhal, If you are looking for relationship stuff including steamy scenes just know this one has none of it. Now that is out of the way my other issue with the book is the over arching theme did not move very far plus we added more questions without getting any insight to the previous issues. I have to say in many ways the book feels like filler, again the writing is good but when you get to the end it was like huh but what did we learn where did we go?

I have noticed a lot of people seem angry about the cliffhanger at the end. I honestly did not think it was an issue, sure I am curious but really it is not that bad. I am hoping we will get a new one before next January.
3.5 stars