44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
My Fair Temptress - Christina Dodd Sometimes when you read historical fiction or any romance really one needs to suspend reality. To read My Fair Temptress as long as you let that go you will have a rather enjoyable story about Caroline and Jude falling in love.

The reason why you have to suspend belief is that the premise does not make sense. A Duke is concerned about his son not having a wife so he hires a woman that will teach him to flirt? Ok then the son, Jude, is a spy out for revenge chooses to act like an idiot, why he has to be an effeminate one was beyond me. Last but not least the woman, Caroline, has been compromised and then became a social outcast, ok that part is believable but the fact that she who has been scandalized becomes a distinguished governess for her ability to flirt takes things a bit far.

All that said as long as you can suspend reality Dodd writes a great story. I thought it was well paced and did not lag in the middle. It had enough action to keep me interested, I read in the space of a few hours, and honestly I found the romance to be rather rewarding if you will. I really like the descriptions and the characters. Yes it is a weak plot but the rest was quite good. I did not realize this was part of a larger series until I went to post this review, so obviously I was able to follow along quite well. I would recommend this one but if you are leery I would suggest borrowing from the local library.