44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
One Wicked Sin - Nicola Cornick I am not a huge fan of romance novels but recently I have been enjoying the odd historical romance. I liked this one because the heroine is not some 18-year old virgin instead she is a 33 year divorced woman who has been caste off by her friends and family because she likes to have sex and her husband did not. Lotty, the heroine, has some realistic concerns like she needs a place to live and she needs money. Ethan our hero is a bit of a rouge, a prisoner or war and constantly involved in traitorous scheming. As part of his latest scheme he needs a distraction and what better than a mistress who is scandalous. This is of course a love story so needless to say they each develop feelings for each other, but they try to act like it is only a business deal.

Over all I liked it, the book was well written, had a bit of excitement, very sensual, and it all works out in the end. The book lost a star because I think she could have done a bit more to include Ethan's scheming or at least a bit more action. It lost another 1/2 star because well as much as I tried to like Lottie I just could not warm up to her.

3 1/2 stars