44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books »
The Darkest Surrender - Gena Showalter When we last left Strider in The Darkest Secret, he was working very hard to resist his attraction to Kaia. Now Kaia is a Harpy and has admitted that Strider is her consort but Strider has rejected her saying she challenges him too much and plus she had slept with his friend (Paris). Kaia has been summoned to the Harpy games, where her life will be in danger because of the games themselves and because of some of her past choices. The question is will Strider aid her as her consort or will she have to suffer alone.

Hello this is PNR of course he comes! The story is really fantastic though! Ms. Showalter has really outdone herself with this one, Kaia’s back story really allows you to see how vulnerable she is. It is also great because you can see the bonds forming between Strider and Kaia as well as Kaia and her sisters.

This book also gives us a glimpse into Kane, now I have to be honest I kind of recall him from way back in The Darkest Lie, but I cannot remember any of the details. So I am hoping the demon of disaster maybe on the horizon for his own book because he seems delicious.

Darkest Surrender definitely gets 5 stars. It is among my favorites. The love story was just awesome, I love the Harpy’s they are quite funny. Strider was also perfect in this one, in the past he could be a bit annoying but now you can see his tender side.

Next up for the Lords is Paris’s book The Darkest Seduction and thank goodness because he has suffered enough.