44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
As Lie the Dead - Kelly Meding It has been awhile since I read the first book in this series so I realize I have forgotten a few things.

This books starts a few days where Three Days To Dead ends. This time a race of bird shifters called Owlkins come to Evy for help. The plot thickens because there is someone in the Triad who ordered all of the Owlkins to be slaughtered and Evy has four days to figure it out.

From my limited memory this book feels a lot like the first except in this book I did not care for Evy. She is really self-righteous on one hand but on the other if you are a non-human she does not care for you unless you are in her inner circle. She calls people ignorant for not knowing about the half people yet she knows nothing about the Therians (I think that is what they called themselves). Then she is constantly augmentative about everything and to everyone, then she has to save everyone yet she needs to be rescued.

The actual storyline was a bit to predictable even I figured out who the bad guy was and I can be dense. Then at times it felt like the book had no direction.

What I did like about the book was the world building and I liked the side characters; Wyatt and Phineas mostly. I also thought it was interesting how Evy had to get used to her new body.

I will probably read the next one only because I own it.