44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books »
Sebastian - Anne Bishop Ephemera is a world of magical lands connected by bridges that take you to a land your heart desires which may be different that where you intended to go. These worlds are created by landscapers. Belladona has created a world called the Den of Iniquity, it is a place where succubus, incubus and other demons can have a good place to live. In this world lives our hero Sebastian, who is a half incubus and half human. Sebastian is yearning for a woman that he has never seen, a woman who wants to be accepted, safe and loved. Meanwhile the Eater of the World is threatening to take over and destroy all of the landscapes.

The world is confusing and it takes a while to figure out exactly what is going on. I think the writing was strong enough that I enjoyed the complex plot and the double meaning. I also liked the characters, Sebastian was interesting and I liked how he had to grown into himself. My favorite character was actually Glorianna Beladona, who is Sebastians cousin, to me she plays the heroine more so than Lynnea the love interest.

While this is a fantasy romance, the romance fell flat for me. I never fully got the appeal of Lynnea she was just to… well irritating, between her naivety and insecurities I just never saw the appeal. Sebastian is a brooding character which I liked, however he was really tame for an incubus, the first half of the book he resists sex and the second he only wants to cuddle.

As you can guess I really preferred the fantasy portion of the book. I was enjoying the Eater of the World and it is a lot of fun that it refers to himself in the 3rd person. The world is also really far intriguing like demon cycles are demons in the shape of a motorbike, how outlandish yet intriguing. I also liked the secondary characters which helped keep the book interesting.

I would rate this one at 3 ½ stars