44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Kiss of Midnight - Lara Adrian I read this book with somewhat low expectations despite the fact that I heard it was a great read. Initially it reminded me of the BDB series by JR Ward with a mix of the Carpathians series and a few others. Despite that I think that Lara Adrian was able to establish her own world that I totally brought into. I think this was one of the better first in a series that I have read in a long time.

It was really interesting to have the original vampires be aliens and I thought it was explained well and LA pulled you into the history slowly. I also liked that the sex scenes were in line with the pace of the story. Sometime when you get sex for the sake of having a few scenes that really annoys me but here I thought it was sensual and appropriate. The actions scenes were good as well it is also refreshing that the good guys can get hurt and to see consequences for choices. Finally I will say that I liked Lucan and Gabrielle I thought there was really good sexual tension as well as tension about letting go of their identity in order to be together.