44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books »
Hunter's Salvation - Shiloh Walker Hunters Salvation is the 10th book in the Hunter series. I have only read one other book in this series but each on is a standalone so you can skip around and not lose anything. Our hero Vax is a witch and an empathy, he used to be a hunter but after loosing his wife he has retreated into solitude on his ranch in Montana. Jess is telekinetic, she is also a reporter who is determined to take out revenge on her sisters killer.

The premise of the story was ok and as I was reading I kept asking myself why am I not into this book? It has interesting characters who have new and interesting gifts what is wrong. Well about half way through I decided the first thing that bothered me was Jess she was just annoying and I did not care for Vax pushing her away ‘for her own good”. I get reluctance and that actually can work but ¾ of the book in you are still pushing her away. Then on top of that they are avoiding their individual issues. I think it just caused me to lose interest and by the end I just wanted to know what happened to the bad guy.

As such I was not a fan of this book but the other one I read was great so I think this was just a dud.