44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books »
Magic Bites - Ilona Andrews This book reminds me a little bit of the Dresden files which is not a bad thing. Kate is a mercenary who has made a career out of cleaning up other peoples magical problems. However Kate’s guardian, Greg, is murdered, and she wants to do right by him and figure out who killed him and why.

I think the world was really original and I loved the idea that vampires were puppets to masters necromancer. The vamps have no free will and their intelligence is equivalent to a fly. It was also nice to see a young women who is really strong and not having sex with everyone but at the same time admits that she would like to but her morals stop her.

The reason why I gave this book low marks is while it is a good story, I was really confused by a lot of the background world building. Even though I am done with the book I am not sure I fully understand this whole society. Also as we neared the end I found myself not getting as excited it felt a little anti-climatic. I also was a little irritated at the whole blood thing I mean I get she is special and does not want to tell anyone not even the reader but really you have to light any blood splatters on fire?? That seems a bit of a stretch.

Anyway I will read the next one.