44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Blue Diablo - Ann Aguirre I really wanted to like this book but in the end it was meh.

My first issue with the plot is it kept getting deeper, it did not get simplified but just grew. Add to that a lot of complex relationship drama and at times it felt like the book is grasping at straws. Mini spoiler: if your friends are taken over by bad guys because the ward on the house is broken it seems like you may want to call in a friend and fix the issue rather than leave them alone and pray they stay safe. Another example is the sexual tension between Corine and Jesse or Chance kept getting in the way of the mystery.

I did like the characters especially Eva, Church and Kel. I have not decide how I feel about Corine, on one hand I like her spunk and her attitude on the other I hate that she is flirting with one man in front of another man that she may or may not love, then she wants to be jealous. Chance I kind of like but parts of his character was just to vague, he seems sincere about his feelings but then he also seems aloof. Jesse was just bi-polar and I did not care for him at all.

In the end it is a good story and well done. However I hate love triangles so I do not think this will be a series for me.