44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Shadow Blade - Seressia Glass This is a series with some potential I think.

The basic summary is Kira is a woman who cannot touch people without killing them or hurting them by draining the life force out of them. As such she become a weapon or assassin for the light also known as a Shadow Blade. Her friend is murdered by the Shadow and Kira comes into possession of a blade that belongs to an ancient Egyptian warrior, Khefar. Now Khefar is on his own quest and the two of them must find a way to work together.

What I liked about this book is I like African fables and it is nice addition to the UF genre. I also liked the characters, Kira I liked from the first page, I think her powers are interesting and I like that she is kind of tough but no so tough that she cannot back down. I also thought the idea of a sentient dagger was new and the mystery around it was interesting as well.

Now for the bad, you know when you read a book and about half way through you have a good idea of the plot well in this book I did not get the plot. It felt like people running around doing things but I was not clued in on the why of it all. I hate being halfway though a book and feeling a little clueless. The other downside of the book is the writing itself. The sentences feel like fragments and well that irks me.

Overall not a bad first book just not great either, I did not think the story was boring but it never fully got exciting either. I will check out the next book just to see if the world is explained in more detail.