44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books »
Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between - J.A. Saare Someone had told me this was a good book and as I was trolling through kindle books I saw it for .99¢. I thought oh yeah I recall this book so I will give it a go, well this book was seriously a good read!

I have to admit a huge draw for this book was that someone said it was a good book and I should check it out. When I saw the cover and the price I just brought it, so I really had no idea what it was about but I was just into it from jump.

Now the books itself is very urban fantasy the plot surrounds these vampire who go missing for no apparent reason. Rhiannon is a bartender who works in a strip club (or to be more pc an exotic dance club :0) and she see dead people, she thinks she is a freak and knows nothing about necromancy except that it is gross. Disco is a vampire who is in need of Rhiannon skills. The problem is Rhiannon is not really willing to stick her neck out and get involved in this. I should also mention she is quite mouthy, her existence is really mundane but some issues as a child had made her this creature is unwilling to trust anyone including herself.

I really liked the classic view of vampires and I thought the world building which includes mythology was really well done we learned about the super natural world through Rhiannon but you did not notice it as “world building” it felt more like an unfolding plot. The writing is extremely compelling and I was really drawn into the world, it was fund to discover this world and the characters as the characters discovered themselves. I would dare to say the writing was really seamless and appears like it happened without effort. Well done JA Saare!

The only reason why I gave the book 4 stars instead of 5 was the end. It felt like it was rushed. Regardless I want to read the next one like now 