44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books »
Afterlight - Elle Jasper I cannot even recall how I heard about this book but I am so glad I did!

The story is told from Riley’s point of view. Riley is a tattoo artist whose only blood relative is her brother Seth. She has had quite the life and not in a good way. Her adolescent years where filled with a lot of suffering . What I liked about her story is that while she had it rough she does not play the victim however the downside is she tries to remain tough even when she is feeling vulnerable. Seth is out one night with his friends playing around in the cemetery when it all backfires and they free some really dangerous vampire from their prison. Riley is desperate to save her brother and turns to her adopted grandparents and the Dupre family to save him.

I really enjoyed this book! I loved the setting and writer did a fantastic job of giving you just enough information to guide you in the setting but not overdone. The plot was also great and it stayed steady even though I was sleepy I kept reading because I wanted to know what came next. The book is mostly urban fantasy with a love interest and I am happy to say I totally brought it.
I think I am hooked on a new series!