44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
The Missing - Shiloh Walker This was an odd little story which I think is very emotional and dark.

Our Hero Cullen is a bit of a geek but in general a good guy. He meets a young girl name Taige while vacationing with his family. They begin a really sweet love affair for four years I think. The Cullen has a tragic event and lashes out at Taige and the couple stops speaking for 12 years until another incident brings them back together.

The beginning of this story is so well done. I loved the young love aspect and also the emotional insecurity and rage that come with being young. I also loved Cullen and Taige's meetings in dream land.

I think it falls apart for me is with Taige she seems to have zero balance and no relationships outside of Cullen as in ever. It was very depressing to realize this women only felt whole or happy when she was with him. Even more so one minute she has a drinking problem or on the verge of one then Cullen comes and no more drinking. Or how Taige is not an FBI agent yet he carries a gun and acts like one until it becomes time for her to be responsible about it.

Another issue for me was Cullen, as a teen he was a great boyfriend but then he become joe jerk. He comes back and needs Taige's help to find his daughter and then determines he needs her. To convince her he is going to have sex with her.

In the end the book was ok, there are just some holes that I think should be filled. I do not regret reading it but I probably would not read it again