44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Mind Games - Carolyn Crane To be honest I came across Mind Games in the bookstore and I thought really a book about a hypochondriac who helps to reform criminals by pumping them full of her fear. WTH?? I want to give it a go.

I was not disappointed. First I want to give kudos to Ms. Crane for pulling off a book in present tense, I think she did a great job keeping pace and keeping up a level of tension. The world building was really interesting because it feels like any city here in the US, but then you get a glimpse into this world of highcaps and disillusionist's that could quite literally be a world the exists right down the street. Furthermore the secondary characters a total band of misfits who are not either good or bad but varying shades of grey just really draw you into the world. I loved the heroine Justine who is hypochondriac, and I have to say she puts the D in dysfunctional. Which is terrific because it made for a sympathetic character and awesome narration.

This was really different and refreshing, it is a great read and I cannot wait for the next installment!