44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books »
Kitty Raises Hell - Carrie Vaughn If you like Kitty then you will love this book. Thanks to amazon here is the blurb about the book:
Kitty and Ben flee The City That Never Sleeps, thinking they were finished with the dangers there, but the sadistic cult of lycanthropes and their vampire priestess have laid a curse on Kitty in revenge for her disrupting their rituals. Starting at the next full moon, danger and destruction the form of fire strikes Kitty and the pack of werewolves she's sworn to protect. She enlists the help of a group of TV paranormal investigators - one of whom has real psychic abilities - to help her get to the bottom of the curse that's been laid on her. Rick, the Master vampire of Denver, believes a deeper plot lies behind the curse, and he and Kitty argue about whether or not to accept the help of a professional demon hunter - and vampire - named Roman, who arrives a little too conveniently in the nick of time. Unable to rely on Rick, and unwilling to accept Roman's offer of help for a price, Kitty and her band of allies, including Vegas magician Odysseus Grant and Kitty's own radio audience, mount a trap for the supernatural being behind the curse, a destructive force summoned by the vengeful cult, a supernatural being that none of them ever thought to face.

My favorite part about this book without giving anything away is the watching Kitty take charge of this situation. I like the dynamic between her and Rick – Kitty has to make some tough choices and what is more interesting is that this time these choices not only affect her but her pack as well. While I was not really happy with the last book I mean it was ok just not my usually favorite I think having all of that back story really helps explain this books plot. We also get a little more back story about TJ and that was a really interesting tie in because it did not take away from anything in the book instead it adds something to the series I think. Now for my favorite alpha pair Ben and Kitty are still in love with each other and it seems to get stronger in each incident. I think their relationship seems realistic to me because they do not always agree nor do they always get a long, and trust is scary but they are committed to each other, they want the best for each other and of course love. I think it is both interesting and refreshing to read how this couple has to work through their relationship.