44 Supporters

A Werewolf in Manhattan
Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons #2) - Julia Quinn It is official I have a thing for Julia Quinn!

I recently discovered [b:The Duke And I|110391|The Duke And I (Bridgertons, #1)|Julia Quinn|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1274211176s/110391.jpg|846763]and I thought what a great book so of course I was interested in the next book. The Viscount Who Loved Me is the story of Anthony and Kate. Kate has decided that she will live her life as a spinster or perhaps she will get lucky and marry some nice man from the country. What Kate wants is for her beautiful sister, Edwina, to make a true love match. Her step-mother Mary feels that both of her girls can find true love and so she has them enter into society on the husband market. Viscount Anthony Bridgerton has been chosen as London's most eligible bachelor but he is a rake and he hopes never to fall in love. So of course he sets his sights on Edwina but Edwina refuses to marry a man who does not meet her sister Kate's approval and of course Kate disagrees on general principal.

This was such a great story on so many levels. I love that Ms. Quinn has two beautiful women one with classic beauty who is also sweet and charming and one with an unclassic beauty who has quick whit and is equally charming (when she chooses). I also like that the two ladies are not in competition with one another and they honestly like one another. I have to admit though I just loved Kate she was a very simple character but full of passion and it is what is inside that makes her even more beautiful. I also love that Kate and Anthony hate each other initially and do what they can to needle one another but you know what they say 'thou protesteth too much'. Did I mention the book is terribly funny and heart breaking. Anthony is also quite the interesting hero, he to is a simple man but one who never had the opportunity to transition into manhood. Instead one day he was a child and the next a man...this stark contrast has left a void in his life and left him battling with demons that he never expected to overcome.

I just love the Bridgerton family and it was great to see Daphne and Simon. I cannot wait until Colin finds his match he is such a sensitive soul, I will also say he is just as bad as his mama when it comes to match making :-) I also wonder who Lady Whistledown is...her gossip columns are the best.

If you want to read about romance Ms Quinn is definitely one of the best.