44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Book Review Highlander Unchained by Donna Fletcher

Highlander Unchained - Donna Fletcher

Our story opens with Dawn watching the prisoner Cree also known as the Devil himself come into her village shackled and defeated yet for some reason she finds herself making eye contact with this man. Dawn is no ordinary women, she is mute and completely voiceless. Other people in the village tend to ignore her or taunt her believing she is touched by evil thus her inability to speak. Cree is a hardened man with a plan. His captures believe him to be weak and stupid as he awaits a possible death sentence so they decide it is best to feed him and provide him with a young woman to slack his lust. They decide the young woman should be none other than Dawn as she is mute they believe he will spill many secrets. Very quickly both Dawn and Cree begin to realize they are more than meets the eye and a bond is formed.

I thought this was a great story with fantastic characters. Cree is a very interesting hero and it is interesting to see how he changes with Dawn yet remains hardened to the rest of the world. I really liked Dawn sometimes heroines are just feisty and Dawn is a very nice change of pace she is sweet but not like Mary Jane sweet. She actually struggles with trying to do the right thing.

The story has a nice pace and lots of steamy scenes. The only downfall is the book ends with a bit of a cliff hanger so you may want to have book two the Forbidden Highlander handy.