44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Review of Bliss by Lynsay Sands

Bliss - Lynsay Sands

Lady Tiernay and Lord Holden have neighboring lands and they have quite a few differences. Under normal circumstances most people would talk to their neighbor and try and work out the issues. Well not these two instead they write nasty letters about each other to the King. King Henry is having some parenting issues at the time with his son Henry also known as the Young King trying to gain power before his time. Needless to say the endless bickering between his subjects does not go over well and to force them to handle the issue he decides the best thing is for these two enemies is to marry.

Lady Tiernay is not a fan of the plan at all in fact she is desperate to find a way out of this mess. So she devises a plan to force Lord Holden to run fast and hard away from him. Unfortunately the plan backfires and he figures out her game and decides to play one of his own. The twist is during all the plotting and planning they come to find they are kindred spirits in many ways…now anger and hostility have given way to respect and mayhap love?

The story is funny not like hee haw every few page but I had a considerable amount of chuckles especially in the beginning where they are at war with one another. There is a darker thread of sabotage that runs though the story and this darker thread gave the book some balance. As usual Lynsay Sands write very interesting characters but I was a lot challenged with Lord Holden’s lack of knowledge about his lands and the way it worked out in the end did not really make sense. The book also follows the typical Lynsay Sands formula of reluctant couple live happily ever after, maybe for some people this is not great or does not work but for me it does. I think it is cute and sappy and what I like in a romance book.