44 Supporters

Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Review of the Serengeti Shifters Series

Serengeti Lightning (Serengeti Shifters #3) - Vivi Andrews Serengeti Heat - Vivi Andrews Serengeti Sunrise - Vivi Andrews Serengeti Storm - Vivi Andrews

The series are novella’s or short stories about siblings who find their mates. They are slightly erotic in nature but the story matches. The writing is actually good and like many novella’s it is difficult to say if the story is average because of the length or if it is because the plot just feels thin. Either case these are quick fun reads. I will say I think they are a bit over priced and while I was happy to borrow them for free paying $3 bucks a pop seems a bit excessive. Thank you Lendle and by the way if you have a kindle and have not yet joined Lendle you are kind of missing out on trading ebooks.

Serengeti Heat – Book 1
This is the story of Ava and Landon. Ava is a tiny weak member of a pride she follows the rules because she has three bossy brothers and she fears getting picked on by the regular sized lioness. Landon has decided he wants to be alpha, he challenges and wins. One night while drinking in a different bar he smells Ava in a neighboring bar (you ever get the feeling being a shifter is not all that great?) anyway he comes over and well lusty thoughts all around. Soon we have love and a happily ever after.

Cute story – not very exciting plot wise and the characters are ok not bad but not great either.

Serengeti Storm - Book 2
This is the story of Shana and Caleb. Shana and Caleb used to be in love until Shana’s mother decided Shana should be the mate of an Alpha and so now Shana is a single slut who happens to still be in love with Caleb. The problem is Shana has manipulated Caleb to the point of no return. Caleb is now a hard man who gives the cold shoulder to the once love of his life. Soon they are both wondering if love is still possible.

This one was meh. Kudios on the unorthodox heroine sluts needs love to but you know honestly the attitude is what ruined it. I felt like Caleb was an idiot even at the end.

Serengeti Lightning – Book 3
This is the story of Mara and Michael. We now have a cougar in our lion tale J Mara is an older woman who is preparing to look for Mr. Forever but it is hard when she is enjoying Mr. Right now who is ten years her junior and very sexy. Michael meanwhile wants to be Mara’s forever but now he has to prove himself to both Mara and his family.

This one is better than book 2. Personally Mara had a bit to many hang ups for me but I could sympathize with her – no not really why screw an ex-student if you have age issues?? Whatever …enjoyable read just don’t think about it.

Serengeti Sunrise - Book 4
This is the story of Zoe and Tyler. Zoe is the alpha sister and while she never backs down from a fight she cannot seem to get Tyler to notice her. Tyler gave up his childhood to raise his siblings and now they are all happy and mated Tyler wants to live out his life on his terms, but he is fighting a serious attraction to the alphas sister but will he damn the consequences and take a chance?

This book is the most different in the series. I think the writing is better and we have a bit of action and a different kind of emotion. I think this is best one in the series.