44 Supporters

Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Male Devotion

Forgive me while I rattle on with a bit of a rant.

For book series that I am committed to I generally do not read reviews until after I finish a book. After I finished Nalini Singh’s Archangel Legion I was surprised how many women said they can see a budding relationship between Illium and Aodhan. As I think back to the book I wonder how in the he!! did people arrive at this conclusion.

WTF

There is one scene where they are hugging and I think Aodhan is crying well heck he has been depressed and isolated for two hundred years. How depressing to think men who are affectionate men are an enigma.

hugging men

Sometimes I think that homophobia has forced men to act like they should not display emotions publicly with other men. Why does touch have to always be sexual? Why is it …even in a book for a man to say “I miss you” and hug another man showing any kind of affection means homosexuality?

homophobia

Really is this still our culture where men cannot have feelings towards other men? Yet they should automatically be affectionate towards a baby cuz it that is how it works???

dad and baby

Totally sucks that for a man to want to hug a friend and tell them how they feel must mean you’re a homosexual wow what a long way we have to go as a culture.