44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Review for A Modern WItch

A Modern Witch (A Modern Witch #1) - Debora Geary

The book is about a group of witches who have a thing for online witch games. Then one of the witches thinks hey we should write a spell to catch other witches we do not know. Then she catches Lauren who has no idea she is a witch. Turns out she is a mega witch and so she begins training along side of a very powerful 4 year old. Meanwhile we have a love story between a male witch and a really in tune with her feelings yoga instructor.

The story is super sweet without any real angst. Everyone is lovely, rich and happy… it feels kind of like the Stepford wives. I got sick of the need for ice cream every five minutes. The story starts off great but then it kind of stays that way. I admit I am an action fan I need stuff to happen. This feels like a long boring boat ride down a river with absolutely no waves of any kind. So for me it was tough to see any character development or any plot development.

I know many people loved this book sadly I was not one. In the end I was just glad to finish.