44 Supporters

Last Kiss Goodnight
The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป
Her Mad Hatter  - Marie Hall

Her Mad Hatter (Paranormal-Fantasy Romance) Kingdom Series: Book 1) by Marie Hall is a retelling of the Alice and Wonderland story. It begins with Danika our fairy godmother to the bad boys of the underworld is in a last ditch effort to save the Mad Hatter. Everyday he is loosing a bit of himself. The challenge in this world is the true love needs to match the story so the big bad wolf has to be with red and Alice has to be with the Mad Hatter. So imagine in every ex you had, had the same name? Right you probably would hate everyone based on general principle. The Hatter feels the same. Meanwhile lovely and quirky Alice Hu is the new owner of a Cupcake and Tea Shoppe. She has been in love with the story of Alice and Wonderland since she was a kid. When the two finally meet – it does not go as smooth as Danika had hoped and reality begins to blur because hard choices must be made.

This was a great retelling and I cannot believe it was free on amazon. I think for a short story or novella there is quite a bit of emotion poured into the story. Will Wonderland accept Alice? Can she stay and leave everything and everyone she has known behind for love? Then there is the Hatter can he hold onto his sanity if she goes? The story is easy to read and very sweet. I cannot wait to read the next ones.