44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Review for Heart of Venom

Heart of Venom - Jennifer Estep

The ladies in Gin’s life have come together for a spa day at Jo-Jo’s salon. Then Sophia collapse in the door telling everyone to run, but it is to late. Harley Grimes has decided he was his Sophia back. Despite Gin and Bria’s efforts Sophia is kidnapped and Gin is on a mission to get her back.

In true Gin fashion there are things I love about her and stuff I hate! I love that she is learning lessons from her past with dreams of Fletcher. I love how much she cares for her family and friends. I just hate her inability to plan which always ends up with her in a lot of trouble. Fof example you are going on a mission to save someone and you want to go alone?? Why? Better question Finn likes bombs and stuff like that so why not take them with you?

Rant aside…I thought Ms. Estep did a great job setting up the whole psycho feel for Harley and his sister. I was also pleased to get Owen back being a lot more assertive after being a pansy for so long I was really getting worried. I did want to throttle Gin because after pouting for the last few books I expected a little more than I am not sure I am ready for that. The best part about the book is we get a really good glimpse into Sophia’s backstory which I have always been curious about.

It looks like this MM Monroe will take center stage in the next book. I must admit this is getting old. I was really liking the idea of giants banding together to take over the criminal underworld but nope looks like this Monroe saga will never end. I wonder if this is how Gin feels??