44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Review for Destiny's Embrace

Destiny's Embrace - Beverly Jenkins

This is the first book I have ever read by Beverly Jenkins and it did not disappoint one bit!

Destiny’s Embrace is the story of Mariah Cooper and Logan Yates. Mariah has grown up in the harsh world of Philadelphia PA. All of her life she has been treated poorly by her mother as well as kids in the neighborhood because of her ‘strange’ eyes. Then one day it all becomes to much and very quickly Mariah finds herself on a train headed to California to take up a position as a housekeeper. Meanwhile Logan knows his house and his life are not necessarily in order but for some reason it all just seems not to make much difference. In many ways it is like Logan is walking though life a bit aimlessly, his only concern is for that of his brothers and step-mother.  Then Mariah shows up and life is not the same for either of them they have an attraction to each other and they are not sure how to handle it.

This really is a great story! I have in the past purposefully not read historical romance novels based in the US because I did not want to deal with the darker side of American History. I give Beverly Jenkins from not shying away from it but highlighting positive parts that are often missing from our history books. I also loved the characters none of them are one dimensional and each one has a story. First lets start with Mariah I love that at time she does not recognize herself, by the end who could believe she was such a door mat?? and how great it is that Logan is like I am never getting married until her meets Mariah and now his life is turned inside out. One of my favorite things was the relationship between Logan and Alanza not often do we read about such a special relationship between step-mother and step-son.

Did I mention the romance was so sweet and rather smexy!! I cannot wait to read Andrew’s story and I hope we learn more about Noah and Eli.